Update a Listed Horticultural Fixture
The DLC will begin accepting V2.0 update applications for V1.2 listed products in August 2021. Please refer to the Interim Application Period Guidance for V2.0 for more information.
What is an update application?
An update application is a revised application to reflect new product information since the original submission. Only products that have been submitted, accepted, paid, and posted to the Horticultural QPL are able to be updated.
What can be submitted as an update application versus a new product application?
The following product updates are eligible to be submitted as an update application:
- Nomenclature/brand name updates
- Non-radiometric and/or non-worst-case performance affecting updates
- Performance updates to:
- LED chip(s)/module(s)/array(s)
- Optical System
- Heat Sink/Fan
- Spectral Tuning
This list is not exhaustive and is only intended to act as a general guide. If you do not believe your update type is included above, please email the DLC Horticultural Team at email@example.com before submitting an update application.
What is the fee for an update application?
The fee for an update application depends on the type of updates made to the product. Please refer to the Listing Fees webpage for more information.
What is the review timeline for an update application?
Update applications will follow regular horticultural application review timelines, available on the Application Review Timelines webpage.
- The DLC reserves the right to extend any application review timeframe due to holidays and application volume spikes. These extensions will be communicated via the DLC website and the Application Portal.
- Closed, canceled, or rejected applications cannot not be reopened - instead, a new application must be created. To avoid having to create a new application, please either provide missing information or documentation within 10 business days of being notified of application issues, or provide an estimated time-frame for submitting the missing information or documentation within 10 business days of being notified of issues.