Revision Schedule and Listing Fees
Schedule of Technical Requirements Revisions
- The DLC revises the Networked Lighting Controls Technical Requirements annually, with final revisions completed and released on June 1 of each year.
- Each Technical Requirements revision is distributed through the DLC Stakeholder Input Process and comments will be considered for each revision. This process begins in February of each year to allow sufficient time for stakeholder input for each proposed revision.
- Manufacturers must requalify and relist their systems each year, in line with the annual Technical Requirements revision schedule.
- Grace Period Policy: A one-year listing grace period will be provided for systems that have been qualified under a previous version of the Technical Requirements but do not meet revised requirements. This grace period provides a period of one year for manufacturers to revise their current systems or offer a new system that qualifies according to the most current version of the Technical Requirements.
June 2017 Relisting Schedule Details
Manufacturers of systems that have been listed on the QPL prior to June 1, 2017 must requalify and relist their systems against the revised V2.0 Technical Requirements, as follows:
- June 1, 2017: Final V2.0 Technical Requirements and new associated Application Form and Instructions published on the DLC website
- June 12, 2017: The DLC will begin processing new applications from manufacturers to requalify and relist systems
- July 14, 2017: Deadline for manufacturers to submit a new complete application with supporting references
If a new application is not received by July 14, the qualified system will be removed from the QPL until a complete new application and qualification fee are received.
If a new application is received by July 14, then the qualified system will remain on the QPL through the duration of the review process until the application is accepted or rejected for qualification. As part of the review process, an invoice for the qualification fee will be issued. If payment is not received within the payment terms of the invoice (30 days), the system will be removed from the QPL until the payment is received.
To coincide with annual Technical Requirements revisions, the DLC requires an annual qualification and listing fee for each system to be qualified and listed on the Networked Lighting Control QPL. Systems must be submitted for review and requalification each year and the fee must be paid annually. The fee amount is as follows:
For a single system that is being qualified only for an Interior or Exterior listing (not both):
- $14,500 annually if paid by electronic funds transfer (EFT) or check
- $15,000 annually if paid by credit card
For a system that is being qualified for both Interior AND Exterior listings:
- $14,500 annually for the first listing, if paid by electronic funds transfer (EFT) or check, or $15,000 annually for the first listing, if paid by credit card
- $7,500 additional annual fee for the second listing
After a system has been initially qualified, it will be listed until the following May 31 with a “fully qualified” status. On June 1, the system will enter an “under renewal review” status during which manufacturers must file a new application for the system. In order to be requalified and relisted for the next year, there are two scenarios:
- Scenario 1: The resubmitted system meets the revised Technical Requirements. If after review the system is found to meet the revised requirements, the system will be relisted through the following May 31 and eligible for an additional one-year grace period beyond that date. The system will have a “fully qualified” status according to the most current Technical Requirements.
- Scenario 2: The resubmitted system does not meet the revised Technical Requirements. If after review the system is found not to meet the revised requirements, then the listing can be renewed once until the following May 31 in accordance with the one-year grace period policy. The system will have a “fully qualified” status according to the prior Technical Requirements. After the one-year grace period, the system will be removed from the QPL unless it is modified or replaced by a new system that meets the revised Technical Requirements.
Please note that in both scenarios above, the annual qualification/listing fee must be paid each year. Previously-qualified systems that do not meet revised Technical Requirements will be delisted after the one-year grace period. This grace period gives manufacturers one year to modify their system or develop a new system to comply with revised Technical Requirements. Systems that are delisted after the grace period will still be searchable by DLC Member utilities and rebates/incentives may be paid for them at the discretion of the DLC Member utility.
New systems that have not been previously qualified and are submitted for qualification between Technical Requirements revisions (i.e. after June 1 of each year) will owe a pro-rated fee based on the remaining time in the year before the next Technical Requirements revision according to the following schedule:
|Applications Received||Single Interior or Exterior||Combined Interior AND Exterior|
|Credit Card||EFT or Check||Credit Card||EFT or Check|
|June 1, 2017 – August 31, 2017||$15,000||$14,500||$23,000||$22,500|
|September 1, 2017 – November 30, 2017||$12,000||$11,500||$19,000||$18,500|
|December 1, 2017 – February 28, 2018||$9,000||$8,500||$15,000||$14,500|
|March 1, 2018 – May 31, 2018||$6,000||$5,500||$11,000||$10,500|
Manufacturers may update information about a listed system more frequently at their discretion for a reduced fee of $1,000 per system per requested update of information.
New systems that are submitted for qualification review, not previously qualified, and are found not to meet the Technical Requirements by the DLC will be reimbursed a portion of their qualification and listing fee as follows:
|Applications Received and Found Not to Qualify||Reimbursement Amount|
|Single Interior or Exterior||Combined Interior AND Exterior|
|June 1, 2017 – August 31, 2017||$10,000||$14,000|
|September 1, 2017 – November 30, 2017||$7,000||$11,000|
|December 1, 2017 – February 28, 2018||$4,000||$8,000|
|March 1, 2018 – May 31, 2018||$1,000||$5,000|
|Applications Received and Found Not to Qualify||Reimbursement Amount|
|May 9, 2016 – August 31, 2016||$10,000|
|September 1, 2016 – November 30, 2016||$7,000|
|December 1, 2016 – February 28, 2017||$4,000|
|March 1, 2017 – May 31, 2017||$1,000|
Why Listing Fees?
Qualification and listing fees are required for review of system applications and updating of system information displayed on the QPL. These fees support the overall implementation and annual revision of the Networked Lighting Controls QPL. The DLC seeks significant energy savings for its Members and their customers through networked lighting control systems. Listing fees are leveraged with grant funding and additional funding provided by DLC Member utilities and energy efficiency programs to continually drive energy efficiency through the QPL and achieve widespread adoption of lighting control systems in the market.
Backed by financial incentives of DLC Member utilities, qualification on the QPL creates new opportunities for product differentiation and delivery of customer value. The DLC aims to support market expansion and to provide a single point of entry for manufacturers to participate in energy efficiency programs.