The DLC is pleased to release the final version of the Surveillance Testing Policy SSL V5.1. This document replaces the current Surveillance Testing Policy (V2) and is being referred to as ‘SSL V5.1’ to clearly indicate its alignment with the V5.1 SSL Technical Requirements. This policy has an effective date of October 1, 2021.
The Surveillance Testing Policy SSL V5.1 aligns surveillance testing and evaluation with the recently released V5.1 SSL Technical Requirements.
Key changes to the policy are noted below:
Section A. Product Selection
- Expectations for all stakeholders who submit complaints have been clarified.
Section C. Invoice and Procurement
- The invoice payment period has been extended in response to stakeholder feedback.
- Expectations and options for procurement have been clarified, including guidance for how to address procurement of long lead time items.
Section D. Product Testing and Evaluation
- The requirement for testing linear replacement lamps in a reference housing has been removed. Consistent with SSL Technical Requirements V5.1, only the bare lamp test will be used to evaluate lamps selected for surveillance testing.
- Tolerances and metrics in Table 1 and Table 2 have been updated to reflect the SSL V5.1 Technical Requirements.
- Clarification has been added that the beam angle tolerance is applicable to linear replacement lamps and 2G11 lamps only.
If you have questions about the Surveillance Testing Policy, please contact email@example.com.