- Outdoor lighting design
- Effects of light pollution on wildlife
- Inequities of outdoor lighting
This webinar examines the societal and professional misconceptions, and safety and health implications of poor quality of light at night on marginalized communities. Panelists discuss how investments in well designed, responsible light can meet communities' needs.
- How lighting choices affect the mental health, well-being, and safety of occupants.
- The systemic choices that have led to underrepresented communities' lack of good lighting.
- Ways that light has been used in systems of racism and oppression.
This webinar introduces the topic of environmental impacts of light at night on wildlife and ecosystems.
- How the National Park Services works to protect the environment and wildlife from the negative impacts of light at night.
- Large scale initiatives working to keep migrating birds safe from building collisions.
- The state of scientific knowledge and standards for enabling design solutions that minimize harm to wildlife and the environment.
Updated as of: 2/18/22 This list displays which DLC Members provide rebates for solid-state lighting. Please visit the program websites for additional detail.
This resource outlines an alternative approach for thermal testing of products with tightly packed LED arrays under SSL Technical Requirements V5.1, and defines circumstances in which it is appropriate to test products using the alternative approach.
- Outlines an alternative approach for thermal testing of products with tightly packed LED arrays.
- Defines circumstances in which it is appropriate to test products using the alternative approach.
- Gain an understanding of Unified Glare Rating (UGR).
- Learn why UGR is required for DLC Premium qualification.
- Understand how the DLC evaluates UGR.