Single Product Applications
There are three versions (V4.4, V5.0, and DRAFT V5.1) of the Single Product Application Form available at the bottom of this webpage. Please note that the V5.1 form is a draft. Minor changes to this form may occur prior to July 1, 2020.
- V4.4 applications may be submitted until May 31, 2020.
- V5.0 applications may be submitted between February 18, 2020 and October 31, 2020.
- V5.1 applications may be submitted beginning on July 1, 2020
Please refer to the V5.0&V5.1 Manufacturer and Industry Guidance for more information about submitting products under V5.0 and V5.1.
To submit a Single Product Application, your product or product family must fall into one of the two following categories:
- A single product with one model number submitted for qualification
- A family of models where the ONLY differences among the products are one or more of the following:
- Dimming capabilities if the drivers used to achieve different dimming capabilities are the same aside from the dimming capability. (In this instance "the same" means a driver from the same manufacturer in the same product line. For example, Acme driver ABC-123-Fixed vs. Acme driver ABC-123-DIM.)
- Voltage variations if the drivers used to achieve different voltage ranges are the same aside from the voltage capability or if a stepdown transformer is used. (In this instance "the same" means a driver from the same manufacturer in the same product line. For example, Acme driver ABC-123-120V vs. Acme driver ABC-123-480V. If a stepdown transformer is used, the same driver must be used with the stepdown transformer as is present in the model without the stepdown transformer.)
- Variations that do not affect the performance, i.e. housing color. These variations may be represented by placeholders in the model number (XX or **) or brackets.
- To be eligible to submit as a single product application, this small group must be able to be covered by the efficacy testing for the lowest-CCT product in the group only. If there are multiple efficacy requirements for products in the group, for example, due to light output bins or application of allowances, that require multiple tests, the group must be submitted as a family application or broken into smaller single product applications.
- Single product applications will not cross-apply data from relatable products. Relatability and cross-applicability determinations are only allowed through family grouping applications.
If your product(s) have variations beyond what is listed above, please review the requirements for Family Grouping Applications.
Please review the FAQs page for additional policy clarifications and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about submitting an application to the DLC.
Single Product Application Instructions
Determine if your product is eligible to be qualified by the DLC and meets the Technical Requirements.
- Please see Product Eligibility to determine if the DLC accepts applications for your product type.
- See the Technical Requirements to determine whether your product meets DLC minimum performance requirements.
- Review Testing Lab Requirements and category-specific Testing and Reporting Requirements to ensure your product has been properly tested.
- Create a Manufacturer Account.
If you have not done so already, create a manufacturer log-in. The DLC recommends that the application be completed by a person with technical knowledge of lighting products and testing, such as a product engineer. Experience has shown that applications submitted by non-technical staff may lack important details which can delay overall processing.
- Complete the Product Application Form.
Download the Product Application Form (.xlsx) at the bottom of this page. See the Product Application Form Instructions download for specific information about completing the application form.
- Start a new application in your Manufacturer Account.
Once logged in, click the Applications tab on your Dashboard. Click the green Create Application button. This will lead you to the Create New Application window. Enter the required Application Details and Application Contact information. Be sure to select the SSL Single Product application type. After creating the application, you will be redirected to the Application Home.
- Upload ALL required application materials. Learn more about application supporting documentation here.
To upload supporting documentation, click the Documents section in the left-hand navigation menu of Application Home. Within the Documents section, each question requires a specific document to be uploaded. Questions are determined by the selected application type. Files must be individually uploaded in order to save your progress. All “Required Documentation” must be uploaded before you can submit the application. “Optional Documents” are necessary for evaluating products against the Premium classification requirements and certain Primary Use designations. The system will allow you to replace and delete files as necessary before submitting your application.
- Completed Product Application Form (.xlsx)
- Manufacturer product specification sheet You must submit the specification sheet being used in the marketplace. Specification sheets created for DLC submission only are not acceptable. Product specification sheet must clearly detail dimming capabilities if products are capable of dimming.
- LED package/module/array specification sheet (i.e. the specification sheet for the element that was tested for LM-80)
- IES LM-79-08 report(s) containing sections 9, 10, and 12 Section 12 color data must be provided on the highest representative CCT product within your product family to verify the luminaire falls within DLC’s Allowable CCT range.
- Supplemental power quality test report or LM-79 with worst case power factor and total harmonic distortion (THD) measurements (If not included in primary LM-79)
- IES photometric file (.ies) Note that IES files are evaluated for zonal lumen density and/or spacing criteria compliance using Photometric Toolbox – Professional Edition from Lighting Analysts, Inc. IES files must be show the product oriented as it would be mounted in the field, with the exception of products in the Landscape Flood and Spot Luminaires and Architectural Flood and Spot Luminaires primary use designations (PUDs). For products seeking qualification in these PUDs, IES files must be oriented with the center of the beam at 0,0 angle.
- Legal warranty document explaining warranty terms and conditions
- Proof of safety certification from an appropriate safety certification body relevant in the US or Canada All products are required to submit a compliance certificate from an approved safety certification organization relevant in the United States or Canada. This compliance document shall bear the manufacturers name and will be proof that the products listed have been investigated by the safety organization and found to be in compliance with the standards listed on the certificate. The name of this document varies by safety organization, however, is commonly referred to as a Certificate of Compliance or Authorization to Mark. More information.
- Product installation instructions (only required for retrofit kits and linear replacement lamps)
- Lumen maintenance information
- Test Report Authorization form (only required if the submitting organization's name is not represented within your test reports)
Important: all supporting documentation must include the specific, relevant model or part number. Documents and files related to the luminaire, (e.g., LM-79, ISTMT) must include the unique model number of the luminaire that is included on the application. Documentation related to the LED package/model/array (e.g., the LM-80 report) must include the part number of the specific LED package/module/array that is named in the application. Please communicate with any independent laboratory the exact luminaire model number that it should include in its test reports. Visit our FAQs page for further clarification regarding test reports.
- Digitally sign the Application Agreement and submit the application.
Application reviews will not begin until the application is submitted. After uploading documentation, you must click the green Submit Application button in the top right-hand corner of the Documents section. This button will present you with a digital Application Agreement that includes the DLC Self-Certification Statement, Logo Guidelines Compliance Statement, Surveillance Testing Compliance Statement, and Safety Certification Compliance Statement. Full text of the agreement is available here. Sign the agreement to submit your application.
For those applicants who do not have the appropriate level of authority to sign the agreement, it is recommended that the signing authority create a DLC account under your company's organization and digitally sign off once the application is complete.