The Solid-State Lighting Qualified Products List (SSL QPL) provides a comprehensive list of commercial lighting products that maximize energy savings and user benefits, as outlined in the SSL V5.1 Technical Requirements. Over 90% of DLC Members require DLC listing for rebate eligibility, meaning you must install a V5.1 listed product to ensure you will receive incentives. Currently, many utilities’ commercial lighting rebate programs are still providing rebates for V5.0 products, but by next year they’ll only allow V5.1 products. Now is the time for distributors, manufacturer representatives, energy services companies and others to prepare.
- Confirm the V5.0/V5.1 cutoff dates for the commercial lighting rebate program(s) in your area. If you are not able to find this information, you may need to call the utility to confirm.
- Evaluate your commercial LED lighting stock to ensure products are V5.1 listed on the SSL QPL. This will ensure they’ll remain eligible for rebates.
How to evaluate product stock using the QPL?
- Sign in to the DLC website
- Go to the SSL QPL to find products
- Search for your stocked products to see if they are listed as V5.1
Please note: If you are having trouble finding a product, it may have been delisted (meaning it was not submitted for qualification and/or does not meet the current SSL V5.1 Technical Requirements). Delisted products are still viewable on the QPL by selecting “delisted” from the listing status filter and entering your search criteria.
What benefits do V5.1 products offer?
V5.1 listed products include advances in lighting quality and control functionality, making them more attractive options for lighting upgrade projects.
- Efficacy increases introduced in SSL Technical Requirements V5.0 is maintained in V5.1 for all products (by 12% on average), saving more energy than before.
- Improved quality of light encompasses the characteristics of lighting that impact productivity, performance, comfort, mood, safety, health, wellbeing, and more. V5.1 includes new requirements for spectral quality and light distribution that will improve the quality of light of DLC listed products.
- Additional controllability requirements ensure nearly all DLC categories of lighting are dimmable, supporting additional energy savings and promoting better quality of light for people living and working in the built environment.
Please read the DLC’s blog for more information on the SSL V5.1.
If you have any questions about a products listing status or the V5.1 Technical Requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.