Horticultural Single Product Applications
Single product applications are used to qualify a single product with one model number.
Determine if your product is eligible to be qualified by the DLC and meets the Technical Requirements.
- See the Technical Requirements to determine whether your product meets DLC minimum performance requirements.
- Review Testing Lab Requirements to ensure your product has been properly tested.
Create a Manufacturer Account.
- If you have not done so already, create a manufacturer log-in. The DLC recommends that the application be completed by a person with technical knowledge of lighting products and testing, such as a product engineer. Experience has shown that applications submitted by non-technical staff may lack important details which can delay overall processing.
Complete the Product Application Form.
- Download the Product Application Form (.xlsx) at the bottom of this page.
Start a new application in your Manufacturer Account.
- Once logged in, click the Applications tab on your Dashboard. Click the green Create Application button. This will lead you to the Create New Application window. Enter the required Application Details and Application Contact information. Be sure to select the Hort Single Product application type. After creating the application, you will be redirected to the Application Home.
- Upload ALL required application materials. To upload supporting documentation, click the Documents section in the left-hand navigation menu of Application Home. Within the Documents section, each question requires a specific document to be uploaded. Questions are determined by the selected application type. Files must be individually uploaded in order to save your progress. All “Required Documentation” must be uploaded before you can submit the application. The system will allow you to replace and delete files as necessary before submitting your application. Download a detailed checklist of required documentation for horticultural applications here.
- Completed product application form (.xlsx)
- Manufacturer product specification sheet
- Marketing brochure
- Tested driver benchtop report
- Warranty documentation
- Safety documentation
- “All-on” photon flux text report
- Spectral quantum distribution image
- Photosynthetic photon intensity distribution image
- LED specification sheet(s)
- LM-80 report(s), PPF
- ISTMT report(s)
- TM-21 report(s), PPF
- PPF-denominated maintenance conversion(s)
- LM-80 report(s), far red
- TM-21 report(s), far red
- Non-far red flux maintenance conversion(s)
- LM-84 report, PPF
- TM-28 report, PPF
- LM-84 report, far red
- TM-28 report, far red
- Driver specification sheet(s)
- Driver ISTMT report(s)
- Fan specification sheet(s)
- Spectral channel test report(s)
- Important: all supporting documentation must include the specific, relevant model or part number. Documents and files related to the luminaire, (e.g., LM-79, ISTMT) must include the unique model number of the luminaire that is included on the application. Documentation related to the LED package/model/array (e.g., the LM-80 report) must include the part number of the specific LED package/module/array that is named in the application. Please communicate with any independent laboratory the exact luminaire model number that it should include in its test reports. Visit our FAQs page for further clarification regarding test reports.
Digitally sign the Application Agreement and submit the application.
- Application reviews will not begin until the application is submitted. After uploading documentation, you must click the green Submit Application button in the top right-hand corner of the Documents section. This button will present you with a digital Application Agreement that includes the DLC Self-Certification Statement, Logo Guidelines Compliance Statement, Surveillance Testing Compliance Statement, and Safety Certification Compliance Statement. Full text of the agreement is available here. Sign the agreement to submit your application.
For those applicants who do not have the appropriate level of authority to sign the agreement, it is recommended that the signing authority create a DLC account under your company’s organization and digitally sign off once the application is complete.
- Hort Single Product Application Form
- Performance Impact of Inlet Fluid Temperature Worksheet (externally supplied actively cooled fixtures only)
- Power Source Test Report Worksheet (DC-powered fixtures only)
- Cabling Loss Calculator Worksheet (DC-powered fixtures only)
- Hort Required Documentation Checklist