The DLC requires manufacturers to submit an application fee to cover the costs of DLC QPL programming, including but not limited to policy development, IT, QPL management, and application review. The specific fee amount is dependent upon the type of application submitted and (in most cases) the details of the particular product group in the application submission.
Credit card payments are preferred, though if that is not possible, you may pay by check. Follow the instructions on the Invoices page once logged into your manufacturer account if submitting a check. Please note that if you pay by check the DLC reviewer cannot process the application until your application is complete and payment is received.
Note that independent test reports (ITRs) include full LM-79/color reports, LED ISTMT, and Driver ISTMT report types. Full LM-79/distribution reports are not considered ITRs. Please review the FAQs page for additional policy clarifications and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about submitting an application to the DLC.
Single Product Applications
The application fee for Single Product Applications is $750.
For LUNA applications, in addition to the Single Product Application fee:
- $375 for each additional independent test report (ITR) included in the LUNA application
- $50 for each product qualified as LUNA
Please note that Single Product Applications must have all relevant testing on the product specifically submitted in this application. Cross-applying of data from similar products is only allowed under Family Grouping Applications. Single product applications can only include products in a single classification (Standard or Premium). Applications with both classifications are allowed under the Family Grouping Application Process.
- If submitting products for qualification under the DLC Premium classification, a driver ISTMT is required, and a driver ISTMT fee will be charged in addition to the Single Product Application fee.
- If submitting products under a “Specialty” Primary Use Designation, a specialty fee will be applied in addition to the Single Product Application fee.
- If submitting products under multiple Primary Use Designations, an ITR fee may be applied to review the submitted LM-79 report under the additional primary use.
The Single Product Application fee covers additional family members if the variations of those family members are limited to higher CCT, dimming variations, or variations that do not affect the performance of the product (mounting, housing color, etc).
Family Grouping Applications
Application fees for family groups are dependent upon the size and complexity of the group of products. In general, the fee schedule is as follows:
- $375 per independent test report (ITR) evaluation required under the family grouping application procedure. Per the family grouping policy, LM-79, LED ISTMT, and driver ISTMT report types are considered ITRs.
- $30 per additional product family member in the group. This is calculated as: Total Products in the Group – Number of ITRs = Additional Family Members.
- $50 for each product qualified as LUNA.
For additional products listed ONLY to identify differing dimming performance, manufacturers will either be required to pay the $30 per-product fee, or the fee based on the chart below, whichever amounts to the lower total application fee. Note that the size of the family group below is based on the total number of additional products listed ONLY to identify the differing dimming performance.
Family Grouping Application fees are dependent on the group of products submitted for qualification. A DLC reviewer will evaluate the product family, determine the application fee, and confirm payment details with the manufacturer prior to invoicing.
|Number of Products in Family Group ONLY to Identify Differing Dimming Performance||Fee|
Private Label Applications
Private Label Application fees are based on those of the original product application, and are as follows:
- $325 for each Single Product Application fee or independent test report (ITR) included in the original application. Note that driver ISTMT reviews charged for the Premium classification count as an ITR.
- $30 for each additional family member in the product group.
- $50 for each product qualified as LUNA.
For products where the ONLY additional difference is the dimming performance, manufacturers will either be required to pay the $30 per product fee, or the fee based on the chart below, whichever amounts to the lower total application fee. Note that the size of the family group is based on the total number of additional products necessary to be private labeled ONLY to identify the differing dimming performance.
|Number of Products in Private Label ONLY to Identify Differing Dimming Performance||Fee|
Updating Listed Products
In general, the fees for updating information for a product that is already listed on the QPL are consistent with the fees laid out above. Appropriate fees will be assessed based on new test reports that must be evaluated, as well as for additional family members being added to any family group.
- Updating the information for family members currently listed on the QPL does not incur the $30 additional product family member fee. This includes updating currently listed products to new Technical Requirement versions (V5.0 to V5.1).
- Re-qualifying delisted products will be charged the $30 additional product family member fees.
Additionally, there are three distinct application updates that have their own application fee schedules:
- Updating LUNA Qualified Products: Costs consistent the fees listed on this page, only applicable on test reports evaluated for LUNA. $50 for each product qualified as LUNA.
- Updating Products to New Technical Requirements Versions: In general, the cost is consistent with the fees listed on this page for Single Product, Family Grouping, and Private Label applications. Appropriate fees will be assessed based on new test reports that must be evaluated, and for additional family members being added to any family group. This applies to all update applications.
- Updating Dimming Information: To update products already on the QPL with dimming information, there will be an application fee per family group submitted based on the number of products within each family group. The table below details the per-family application fee for various numbers of products within each group. Note that the size of the family group below is based on the total number of products, including any additional models needing to be listed to differentiate dimming capabilities.
Manufacturers may submit multiple families within one update application. For more information regarding the update application process, see the Product Update Applications page.
|Number of Products in Update Family Group||Fee to Update Family|