Horticultural grow facilities are quickly becoming the fastest growing electric load for many utilities, with lighting representing the greatest portion of that load. Well-designed horticultural lighting products have the potential to save energy while optimizing plant growth and health. Appropriate test procedures, alignment on performance needs, and industry best practices that inform product selection and installation are necessary to inform DLC requirements.
The DLC has issued second draft Testing and Reporting Requirements that would enable high performance horticultural lighting products to be qualified on a new DLC Horticultural Lighting QPL. Please submit comments using the DLC Comment Form to email@example.com by Wednesday, August 22, 2018. Scroll down to access the second draft requirements documents.
Desired Outcomes and Benefits
New policy and Technical Requirements enable reliable and efficient horticultural products to be qualified on the DLC SSL QPL.
The policy includes clear definition(s), performance criteria, and testing requirements to ensure listed products are high quality and energy efficient.
Energy efficiency program administrators and others support the installation of high quality, energy efficient horticultural lighting products in their lighting rebate or procurement programs, driving market adoption of energy efficient solutions in horticultural applications.
Growers and specifiers have the data and tools they need to be able to specify horticultural lighting products appropriately.
Utilities are better able to manage increasing energy demand from horticultural facilities through incentive programs for efficient and effective horticultural lighting products.
- August 22, 2018: Second Draft Policy comments due
- September 2018: Final Policy Released
Second Draft Documents
- Cover Letter: SECOND DRAFT Technical Requirements V4.4
- SECOND DRAFT Testing and Reporting Requirements for Horticultural Lighting
- SECOND DRAFT Key Technical Questions
- Horticultural Lighting Requirements Revision Schedule
- SECOND DRAFT Horticultural Lighting Comment Form
First Draft Documents
- Cover Letter: DRAFT Technical Requirements V4.4
- DRAFT Testing and Reporting Requirements for Horticultural Lighting
- Key Technical Questions
- Horticultural Lighting Comment Form