Download Summit Presentation
|7:30 - 8:00 a.m
|8:00 - 8:45 a.m.
||Welcome and Introduction; DLC Lighting Controls Program Overview
Eric Swann, Georgia Power; Christina Halfpenny, DLC; Gabe Arnold, DLC
|8:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m
||Break-Out Group Discussions
Attendees break into small groups to discuss challenges and solutions for a variety of lighting control topics. Each group will report to the larger audience with an opportunity for everyone to ask questions and provide input. Topics include:
- Accelerating Adoption: What high-impact activities can manufacturers and efficiency programs undertake to address barriers and accelerate adoption?
- Efficiency Programs and Rebate/Incentive Models: What types of program models work best? How should rebates be structured? What if efficiency programs were to require networked lighting controls on all projects?
- Energy Data: What is needed to unlock the full potential of lighting system energy data? How can it be addressed and who can work on it?
- Energy Monitoring: Should Energy Monitoring be a required capability for DLC Qualified Networked Lighting Controls? If not now, then when and what are the conditions or characteristics that would make it the right time?
- Exterior Lighting Controls: What should be the DLC Technical Requirements for Exterior Networked Controls? Should they differ by application? Should any applications be excluded?
- Security: While security standards are still under development, are there interim steps DLC could and should take to address security? Are there aspects or characteristics of system security DLC could report on the networked controls QPL?
- Efficiency Program Installation Requirements: As efficiency programs develop new program offerings for networked lighting controls, where should the required capabilities from DLC’s QPL be required on a project? For example, in what rooms, areas, and/or fixture types should occupancy, daylight harvesting, or individual fixture addressability be required to receive rebates?
|12:30 - 1:20 p.m.
|1:30 - 2:50 p.m
||NLC Technical Requirements Update
Gabe Arnold, DLC; Levin Nock, DLC; Damon Bosetti, DLC
The DLC will provide an overview of the draft proposed V2.0 Networked Lighting Controls Technical Requirements and a summary of comments received by stakeholders. With each revision topic, the DLC will open the discussion to attendees for input and live poll attendees for their perspective.
|3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
||Efficiency Programs Panel
Edward Bartholomew, National Grid & Mass Save; Kyle Hemmi, CLEAResult; Lauren Morlino, Efficiency Vermont; Pam Molsick, Energy Solutions rep. PG&E LED Accelerator; Kyle Kichura, Franklin Energy rep. Wisconsin Focus on Energy
A panel of leading DLC Member efficiency programs will present on new and planned rebates using DLC's Networked Lighting Controls QPL with opportunities for attendees to ask questions and provide input.
|4:00 - 4:15 p.m.
||Wrap-Up and Close