Technical Requirements Resources
Guidance for Using Allowances
This resource provides examples of the testing required to qualify products to the SSL QPL using efficacy allowances, and explains how those allowances may affect the product’s QPL listing.
- Provides four example scenarios for using efficacy allowances when qualifying products to the SSL QPL.
Application Guidance for LUNA V1.0
This resource explains common misunderstandings of the LUNA Technical Requirements that impact application review and timing and provides information about specific items to pay particular attention to on the application form.
- Detailed information on how to ensure a complete LUNA application.
LUNA V1.0 Technical Requirements Guidance for Submitters
This companion to the LUNA V1.0 Technical Requirements provides a high-level summary of the key LUNA requirements that differ from the SSL V5.1 requirements.
- Summary of information needed to create a complete LUNA application.
- Eligible and non-eligible product types under LUNA.
- Required supporting documentation for LUNA applications.
Guidance for Submitting Horticultural Product Images
Because product design and form factor can vary considerably between manufacturers and brands, the DLC requires a product image to accompany each Hort V3.0 QPL listing. This guidance document details the DLC's requirements and style guidelines for product images.
In this Resource
- Requirements and guidelines for formatting and submitting product images to accompany Hort V3.0 applications.
NLC5 Cybersecurity Overview
UPDATED 12/21/2022 - CSA/ANSI T200 updated from a service to a standard. Through research and outreach, the DLC has identified several cybersecurity standards and services that satisfy the cybersecurity criteria in the NLC5 Technical Requirements. To help manufacturers and other users find an appropriate standard and/or service for their networked lighting control system, this resource provides additional information on each standard and service and summarizes their application.
- Summaries of cybersecurity services and standards recognized by the DLC (updated 7/14/22 to include PSA standard)
- Descriptions of the primary application and timeline for certification of the cybersecurity standards listed in Tables CS-1 & CS-2 of the DLC NLC5 Technical Requirements
Testing Tightly Packed Arrays of LED Packages
This resource outlines an alternative approach for thermal testing of products with tightly packed LED arrays under SSL Technical Requirements V5.1, and defines circumstances in which it is appropriate to test products using the alternative approach.
- Outlines an alternative approach for thermal testing of products with tightly packed LED arrays.
- Defines circumstances in which it is appropriate to test products using the alternative approach.
Still need help?
Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm EST
For Application Support - Dial 1