The DLC began accepting applications under Horticultural Technical Requirements V3.0 on March 31, 2023. If you will be submitting new products under V3.0 or updating existing products from V2.1 to V3.0, please review the information below to ensure you are prepared.
Timing for Horticultural Technical Requirements V3.0
Updating Products to Hort V3.0
If you will be submitting new products under V3.0 or updating existing products from V2.1 to V3.0, please review the information below before preparing your application(s).
If listed products have not changed since original qualification, update applications must include:
- Completed Application Excel Form, including all new properties for Horticultural Technical Requirements V3.0 and any other properties that have changed since the original qualification
- Explanation of the purpose of the update
- Excel download of the QPL for the products that you’d like to update
- Current specification sheet for the product(s) within the application
- Proof of safety certification (commonly in the form of a Certificate of Compliance or Authorization to Mark)
- Product image(s) for display on the QPL
If listed products have changed since original qualification, update applications must include:
- The items noted above
- Other test reports or documentation related to the specifics of the product change and impact on demonstrating compliance with the technical requirements.
New Application Forms
New application Excel forms are required for all Hort V3.0 applications (including update applications). You can download copies of these Excel forms below and on each “Qualify a Fixture” page.
Because product design and form factor can vary considerably between manufacturers and brands, the DLC requires a product image to accompany each Hort V3.0 QPL listing. All Hort V3.0 applications (new products and product updates) must include product image(s), which will be displayed on the QPL. Download the resource below to review the DLC’s requirements and style guidelines for product images.
New ANSI/IES LM-79-19 Reporting Requirements
The DLC requires tests performed according to the 2019 version of LM-79 (ANSI/IES LM-79-19) for all new Hort V3.0 applications. Product update applications for products that meet the new efficacy threshold do not need to retest if they were tested under a previous version. Full information about testing and reporting is detailed in Section 9 of the Technical Requirements.
New application fees went into effect for all Horticultural applications on March 31, 2023. This increase allows the DLC to maintain the rigorous level of evaluation and review that goes into each application and supports new QPL features that provide better information for end users. Review the V3.0 application fees below.
Application Submission Review Webinar
The DLC recorded an informational webinar to review the application submission process for Hort V3.0. You can view the recording below.