DLC Logo Violation notices are intended to provide utility energy efficiency programs and other specifiers with confirmation that a product in question is using the logo or trademark without permission, and the performance has NOT been evaluated by the DLC. Read more about use of the DLC logos by clicking the blue button.
Logo Violation Notices will be posted on this page with the date, information about the company, and product(s) that have violated the DLC’s Logo and Trademark Guidelines. All logo violations will meet one of the following criteria:
- The manufacturer does not have a DLC account, or
- The manufacturer has not listed any products within the last 12 months, or
- The manufacturer has not responded to previous email notifications or has refused to correct the violation.
When the DLC has confirmed that all issues have been resolved, the Logo Violation Notice will be marked as “Resolved” and will be archived in an aggregated list on the Logo Violation Notice archive web page. This aggregated list is updated monthly.
- Unauthorized use of the DLC Logos or Trademarks for products that have not been evaluated by the DLC and are not listed on the DLC QPLs.
- Misuse of any DLC logo or reference to DLC qualification in marketing communications and materials that are not in compliance with Logo and Trademark Guidelines.
Please see the full Logo and Trademark Guidelines for more detail.
The DLC actively monitors the use of the DLC Logos and Trademarks, and requests the assistance of its stakeholders to help police its brand. Please use the form below to report a trademark violation. To ask for a review of materials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
DLC Logo Violations
Lightdot Flood light, Garage light, Barn light, Wallpack, UFO High bay, Shop light