DLC publishes manufacturer and model identifying information, as well as verified worst case tested performance or reported performance information for each product.
These fields include:
- Model Number
- Qualification Date
- Listing Status (Listed or Delisted)
- Technical Requirement Version
- General Application type
- Primary Use type
- DLC Classification Type (Standard or Premium)
- Electrical System Type (AC/DC)
- Luminaire Efficacy
- Luminaire efficacy should be reported as the total luminous flux from the fixture divided by the total input power. Luminous flux is based on the photopic luminous efficiency function (V lambda), not scotopic or mesopic efficiency.
- Light Output (lumens)
- Power Factor and Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
- Correlated Color Temperature (CCT)
- Color Rendering Index (CRI)
- Light Distributions (i.e., zonal lumen density, NEMA classification, and/or spacing criteria)
- Input Voltage Range -Parent only
- Dimming Information (reported)
- Control Info (reported)
- Parent or child designation
- Parent products display tested and reported data and are displayed on a green tile
- Child products display reported data, are listed under each associated parent product, and are displayed on a gold tile
- Private label versions of products display exactly the same performance information as their OEM versions.
No two model numbers can be listed under the same product category on the QPL for one given manufacturer. If a manufacturer submits the same model number for multiple products, the DLC reviewer will insist the manufacturer make some distinction in the model numbers that represent the variations of the product. The utility and consumer must be able to identify the differences between products from the model number listed on the QPL.
SSL Technical Requirements Product Categorization Definitions
DLC Product Category: “Category” indicates the highest level of product groups in the DLC Solid State Lighting Technical Requirements Table 1. The Category of a product is based on the description provided by the manufacturer and/or specification sheets for the product. Categories include:
- Outdoor Luminaires, Indoor Luminaires,
- Outdoor Retrofit Kits,
- Indoor Retrofit Kits,
- Linear Replacement Lamps,
- Mogul Screw-Base (E39/E40) Replacements for HID Lamps, and
- Four Pin-Base Replacement Lamps for CFLs.
DLC Product General Application
“General Application” describes sub-groups within each product Category in grouped by application type, based on how the product would typically be used and is derived from the description provided by the manufacturer and/or specification sheets for the product. Example: Category: Indoor Luminaire, General Application: Troffer
DLC Product Primary Use Designation (PUD)
“Primary Use Designation” is a more specific description of use type, indicating how a product is intended to be used in application, and is also based on the description provided by the manufacturer and/or specification sheets for the product that convey intended uses for the product.
Example: Category: Linear Replacement Lamps, General Application: 4’ T8 Lamps, PUD: Internal Driver/Line Voltage (UL Type B) Lamps
The DLC Technical Requirements typically differ based on the specific PUD and Energy Efficiency program incentive requirements are often based on specific PUD descriptions and requirements. The “Specialty” primary use designation has been developed as an additional tool for DLC and its Member programs to employ in seeking to identify high-quality, energy-saving LED fixtures in commercial and industrial applications for certain niche applications for which DLC has not yet developed a specific Primary Use designation. Descriptions of each eligible Primary Use Designation with illustrations can be found on the Product Eligibility/Primary Use Designations page.