New DLC Policy: Networked Lighting Controls Technical Requirements V4.0
The DLC is pleased to release the final version of Networked Lighting Controls (NLC) Technical Requirements V4.0. V4.0 focuses on strengthening the value of NLC technology while addressing important issues for market acceptance, such as energy monitoring and cybersecurity. These revisions go into effect, Monday, June 10, 2019.
Version 4.0 of the NLC Application Form is now available on the Application Instructions page for Networked Lighting Controls. This form must be used for any applications submitted after 9:00am ET on June 10, 2019. If you have an incomplete V3.0 Application, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to transfer the data to a V4.0 Application.
Networked Lighting Controls Technical Requirements V4.0:
- Includes a phased approach for energy monitoring that requires systems to be capable of generating energy reports, with an exception for room-based systems.
- Includes a phased approach for cybersecurity that will report compliance with a set of cybersecurity standards that meet DLC criteria.
- Accepts building management systems with networked lighting control capabilities.
An informational webinar will be held to review the new Technical Requirements on Tuesday, June 25 at 1:00pm ET. Please register for the webinar below.
Products that are currently qualified under V3.0 will need to renew their annual listing. A draft renewal application that is pre-populated with the applicant’s prior system data will be distributed in July to the contacts for each qualified product. Read more about the re-listing process below.
- For energy monitoring, the DLC will work with the ANSI C137 committee as standards are developed to describe the accuracy and content of energy reports.
- For cybersecurity, the DLC will form a working group later in 2019 to refine the next steps in making cybersecurity a required capability. If you are interested in joining this working group, please email a request to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about NLC Technical Requirements V4.0, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.