Beginning today, October 15, 2020, the DLC will be accepting nominations through October 30 from lighting industry representatives interested in serving on the DLC Industry Advisory Committee (IAC).
An advisory body comprising up to 18 members, the IAC supports the mission and strategic direction of the DLC to drive efficient lighting through education, collaboration, and expertise. Its activities include consideration of DLC business updates, programs to promoting lighting quality, utility program best practices for lighting energy efficiency, and ongoing opportunities, challenges, and potential risks related to the advancement of energy-saving lighting technologies.
“As a consortium, the DLC relies on input from various sectors of the lighting industry to help guide our work and fulfill our mission,” DLC Executive Director and CEO Christina Halfpenny said. “The contributions of our sitting IAC have been invaluable, and we look forward to receiving nominations for new committee members that will inform key efforts around lighting efficacy, quality of light, connected lighting solutions and other issues over the next two years.”
As outlined in the IAC Charter, the committee comprises representatives of various sectors of the lighting industry, including designees from the top six solid-state lighting (SSL) manufacturers as determined by the number of products on the DLC Qualified Products Lists as of September 1, 2020. Other members are self-nominated and will be either appointed by the DLC or elected through polling of their peers from November 15 to 30. The DLC will distribute ballots via email to all manufacturer, and distributor contacts in the DLC email database, and will provide ballots by request on the DLC website.
The DLC seeks self-nominations for the following additional IAC seats:
- One Lighting Designer (North America, East Region) – DLC appointment
- One Lighting Designer (North America, West Region) – DLC appointment
- Three designees representing small manufacturers (fewer than 250 employees) with products listed on the DLC’s SSL or Horticultural QPL – election by peers
- Two designees representing medium manufacturers (between 250 and 1,000 employees) with products listed on the SSL or Horticultural QPL – election by peers
- Two designees from lighting distributors – election by peers
- Three designees representing lighting controls manufacturers with QPL-listed systems – election by peers
IAC members serve two-year terms, and there is no limit on how many terms a committee member may serve.