Horticultural Level 1 (Formerly Single Product) Applications
Level 1 (formerly Single Product) applications are used to qualify a single product with one model number.
Determine if your product is eligible to be qualified by the DLC and meets the Technical Requirements.
- Review the Horticultural Lighting Technical Requirements to determine if your product is eligible to be qualified and meets the minimum performance requirements.
- Review the Testing Lab Requirements to ensure your product has been properly tested.
Complete the Hort OEM App Excel Form.
Download and complete the Hort OEM New App Excel Form (.xlsx) at the bottom of this page.
Create or log into your MyDLC account.
If you have not done so already, create a MyDLC account with the DLC. Once logged in, select the manufacturer you will be submitting on behalf of. Enter the Application Portal by clicking on the blue Application Portal button. Note that this button is only accessible for manufacturers and users authorized to submit applications.
Start a new application and upload the Hort OEM New App Excel Form.
Select the program and application type you wish to submit, name the application for your reference, and select the manufacturer you are submitting on behalf of. If you have not done so already, download and complete the Hort OEM New App Excel Form (.xlsx) at the bottom of this page. Upload this completed form under the “Upload Completed Application Excel Form” section. If there are errors within your uploaded form, a red error message will display the reason why the form was not accepted.
Complete the online application questionnaire.
Complete the application questionnaire by entering all required information and uploading all required supporting documentation files. Note that the questionnaire is separated into two pages (Product Info and Performance and Product Images). Both pages must be completed prior to submission. Your answers will be auto-saved, and you may exit and return to the questionnaire at any time.
Note that all supporting documentation must include the specific, relevant model or part number. Documents and files related to the luminaire, (e.g., LM-79, ISTMT) must include the unique model number of the luminaire that is included on the application. Documentation related to the LED package/model/array (e.g., the LM-80 report) must include the part number of the specific LED package/module/array that is named in the application. Please communicate with any independent laboratory the exact luminaire model number that it should include in its test reports.
Download a detailed checklist of required documentation for horticultural applications here. Required supporting documentation includes:
- Completed product application form (.xlsx)
- Manufacturer product specification sheet
- Marketing brochure
- Tested driver benchtop report (see this file for a suggested format)
- Warranty documentation
- Safety documentation (.pdf)
- “All-on” photon flux text report
- Spectral quantum distribution image
- Photosynthetic photon intensity distribution image
- LED specification sheet(s)
- LM-80 report(s), PPF
- ISTMT report(s)
- TM-21 report(s), PPF
- Driver specification sheet(s)
- Driver ISTMT report(s)
- Fan specification sheet(s)
- Spectral channel test report(s)
- Product image(s) for display on the QPL
The application forms below should be used on all applications submitted through the Application Portal.
- Hort OEM New App Excel Form (V3.0)
- EXAMPLE Hort OEM New App Excel Form (V3.0)
- Hort OEM New App Excel Form (V2.1)
- Performance Impact of Inlet Fluid Temperature Worksheet (externally supplied actively cooled fixtures only)
- Power Source Test Report Worksheet (DC-powered fixtures only)
- Cabling Loss Calculator Worksheet (DC-powered fixtures only)
- Hort Required Documentation Checklist