Technical Requirements Resources
This resource outlines an alternative approach for thermal testing of products with tightly packed LED arrays under SSL Technical Requirements V5.1, and defines circumstances in which it is appropriate to test products using the alternative approach.
- Outlines an alternative approach for thermal testing of products with tightly packed LED arrays.
- Defines circumstances in which it is appropriate to test products using the alternative approach.
Through research and outreach, the DLC has identified several cybersecurity standards and services that satisfy the cybersecurity criteria in the NLC5 Technical Requirements. To help manufacturers and other users find an appropriate standard and/or service for their networked lighting control system, this resource provides additional information on each standard and service and summarizes their application.
- Summaries of cybersecurity services and standards recognized by the DLC
- Descriptions of the primary application and timeline for certification of the cybersecurity standards listed in Tables CS-1 & CS-2 of the DLC NLC5 Technical Requirements
This resource answers the following questions: what are spectrally tunable products, what are spectral tuning channels, what is needed in DLC applications for spectrally tunable products, and what is published on the QPL for spectrally tunable products?
- Defines spectrally tunable products and spectral tuning channels.
- Detail on specific test reports and documentation needed to qualify a spectrally tunable product.
- Examples of acceptable control narratives for spectrally tunable products.
- Considerations for applying LED-based horticultural light fixtures
- Facility parameters, Plant requirements, Installation comparison
- Additional benefits and potential drawbacks
- Ultraviolet radiation and its place in horticultural lighting
- The DLC also recommends that appropriate safety practices always be followed when working with UV-emitting products, and defers to equipment manufacturers and safety organizations as the most knowledgeable parties for how to work with a specific product.
- Introduction of Horticultural and Human-Based Terms and Units of Measure